Jan 30, 2011

10 Rewind


Pre Script-"10 Rewind is a short memoir poetry of the 10 hours spent during Sunday. Its a part of my Legacy Writing series which i would keep following up. I was inspired by Ruskin Bond who i read through a large part of the day, although I do not follow his style or flow of poetry (he is a genius). The day of a li'll seclusion left a lot of space for introspection," says Rajeev Khanna



Like rising from the wrapped cocoon,
I get up from the winter veil,
Heading my way into the Sunday crowd,
I feel the sun and the scathing gale.

My Steps move down but I’m looking up,
a long lens vision ‘n a zoom out task,
Preparing for another odyssey,
I swallow the diet ‘n wear the mask,

My moves and tasks lack imposition,
A li’ll uncommon my words read here,
For all the years I’ve learnt to follow,
A treaded path with a wing and a prayer,

A breath of fresh air,
A gas guzzling smoke engine,
Layers of lifestyle,
Pot-holes ‘n high-rise region,

I jump into an ocean of words,
With a glass full of sand in my hand,
I go deeper, Diving and flowing,
In streams of water continuing my errand,

In the depths I see an angelic glow,
Answers to my asks in a treasure trove,
I keep the riches and spill the sand,
Out I’m greeted by the sky brighter but mauve.

Writer: Rajeev Khanna

No comments: